*Courtesy of Vicky Berman
Makes 2 servings
- 1 dash Lemon Juice
- 1 whole Avocado, Cubed
- 1 ounce, weight Spring Mix
- 15 ounces, weight Chickpeas (can)
- 2 whole Scallions, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Vegan Basil Spinach Pesto
- 1 dash Salt And Pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice over cubed avocado.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy (mash chickpeas beforehand if using this as sandwich filling).
Vegan Basil Spinach Pesto
- ½ cup + 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 ounces basil
- ½-1 ounce baby spinach (1 large handful)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- To food processor add all ingredients except for olive oil.
- Turn processor to high and add olive oil through feed chute in a slow steady stream. Start with ½ cup and add more olive oil until pesto reaches desired consistency.