*Courtesy of Rithika Ramesh
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (or pressed coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- 1/2 tsp lime extract
- 3 tbsp or more agave nectar
- Lime Zest
- Green Food Color (Optional)
- Chopped Pineapple or Berries
- Dissolve the agar agar powder with 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Let it stand for about 5 minutes. Warm the coconut milk in another saucepan.
- Put the saucepan with the dissolved agar agar over a low flame and stir continuously. When it comes to a boil, add in the warm coconut milk, rest of the water, lime essence, sugar, zest (and color). Stir till all the ingredients are incorporated. Taste it and add more sweetener if you desire.
- After 3 or 4 minutes take it off the stove and put it into small bowls to set. This usually sets at room temperature, but tastes better when it is cold. So let it set in the fridge for a while and serve cold with chopped pineapple, berries or some berry coulis if you like