*Courtesy of Sara & Hugh Forte (Adapted from Epicurious: America's Best Recipes)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 12-14 oz. package extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and outer stalks removed
- 2 tsp. thai chile paste or sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups-ish broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, julienned or sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, to taste
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 avocados, for garnish
- Rinse and cook the brown rice according to instructions.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and set it on a few paper towels or dish towel to drain.
- Smash the lemongrass with the back of a knife and mince it well. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lemongrass, chile paste, lime juice, vinegar, ginger, pinch of salt and stir to mix. Add the tofu and stir everything to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Warm the coconut and sesame oils in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the tofu and it's marinade and saute for 4-5 minutes, until edges are browned. Add the broccoli, carrots, coconut milk, remaining Tbsp. sesame oil and soy sauce and saute until the vegetables are warmed through. About 3 more minutes. Add the greens onions, stir and taste for seasonings.
- Serve each bowl with a scoop of the brown rice, the tofu vegetable mixture in sauce, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a half of avocado, sliced, on top.