*Adapted from Ellie Southworth
Serves 12 fries
- 1 ripe avocado (not overripe)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Ener-G Egg Replacer
- ½ tablespoon salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on the cookie sheet.
- Slice avocado lengthwise. I ended up with 12 slices for one avocado.
- In a medium bowl mix flour with a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper. In a second medium bowl mix Ener-G Egg Replacer. In a third medium bowl mix the melted butter with the panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cover each avocado slice in flour, then dip in the Ener-G Egg Replacer and finally coat with breadcrumbs before placing each on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned. While the fries bake, stir together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce and save in the refrigerator until the fries are finished baking.
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together ingredients, adjusting as necessary for taste and consistency.
Allow the avocado fries to cool before serving with the dipping sauce.