*Courtesy of MyRecipes
Makes 6 servings
- 3 Tbs balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds mixed firm-ripe heirloom or other tomatoes
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Rinse and core tomatoes and slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Arrange in layers in an airtight container or on a serving dish, drizzling vinegar mixture and sprinkling mint, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each layer.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.