*Courtesy of Carly of aPHoM
- 3 tbl salt
- 2 tbl garlic powder
- 2 tbl turbinado sugar
- 1 tbl cayenne
- 1 tbl black pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and pressed, cut into 12 strips
- 1 yellow-black plantain, thin strips
- 2 tbl organic light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, very thinly sliced
- 4 large tortillas, warm
- Combine all of the spices and rub the tofu on all sides to coat. Let sit and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Toss the plantain strips with brown sugar. Pan fry the plantains in olive oil until crispy and brown. Remove the plantains and drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add the tofu to the oil and cook 5-7 minutes on each side until crispy and blackened.
- Assembly: Spread some of the beans in the middle of the tortilla. Top with tofu, plantains and some shredded snap peas. Drizzle with cilantro cream and wrap up.
Coconut Black Beans
- 1-15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes until the beans are thick and spreadable.
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2" piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tbl chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt.