*Courtesy of Jennifer Hobbs
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 package of firm tofu, cubed
- ½ pound of green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon red hot chili flakes
- In a wok or large skillet, fry the garlic and ginger in oil over high heat until fragrant.
- Add the tofu and stir fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the green beans and stir fry for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the black bean garlic sauce, cooking wine, and chili flakes. Toss everything together well and fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve with brown rice or your noodle of choice. Optional additions: mushrooms, bell peppers, tempeh, or seitan. Additionally, you can substitute the green beans for broccoli or frozen/ fresh peas!