*Courtesy of Kevin Curry (FitMenCook)
Makes ~18 bars
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1 cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
- 2 packets ALOHA berry flavor whole food powder (or your favorite whole food or superfood powder)
- 1/3 cup raw quinoa
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ~1 cup 60% cacao (or carob)
- Optional toppings: raw crushed pistachios, raw crushed pecans, colorful raisins and raw sunflower seeds.
- Pulse blend all ingredients (except the cacao) in a high powered blender for about one minute.
- Place sticky batter on parchment paper. Measure out mixture to fit into silicone ice cube molds (about 3/4 into each mold. Leave space at the top to fit cacao topping.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Simmer water in a pot. Place a ramekin in the pot. Add cacao (or carob) nibs. Melt cacao and stir until smooth.
- Remove molds from freeze and add ~1 teaspoon of melted cacao to each mold.
- Optional: Add chopped pistachios, chopped pecans, colorful raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Place in freezer for at least an hour then transfer to the fridge.
- Crack the ice molds and remove bars.