*Courtesy of Angie of Little Inspiration
Makes 9 muffins
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup of organic brown sugar
- 1 cup of overripe mashed bananas
- 2 TBSP of organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix all wet ingredients (applesauce, sugar, bananas, syrup)
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients (four, cinnamon, salt and baking soda)
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mix and mix well.
- Add walnuts if desired.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with liners
- Fill cups 3/4 of the way full with batter and add walnuts on top if desired
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin pan for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.