*Courtesy of Callie England
An apricot and coconut cream cake, with a pistachio crust and dark chocolate topping.
- 1 C raw pistachio
- .5 C raw almond meal
- 5 dates (pitted)
- 1 T coconut oil
- dash of sea salt
- In a food processor, process all ingredients until somewhat pliable. Set aside.
(will make quite a bit – can cut in half if making smaller cakes)
- 1 C soaked apricots (measure before soaking)
- 3 C coconut butter (blended dehydrated coconut – about 7.5 cups pre-blending)
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/4 coconut milk
- 1/4 C raw agave
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw vanilla
- .5 tsp sea salt
- In a high-speed blender, combine apricots, coconut oil,coconut milk, sweetener, lemon juice and vinegar – blend until smooth. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients using spatula.
- Using a whisk, mix all ingredients until smooth. No sweetener is needed, as the bitterness of the dark chocolate will compliment the sweetness of the filling and crust.
- Using a spring form pan or dessert ring, smoosh a few Tbsp’s of crust mixture in the bottom of pan.
- Following the crust, spoon filling into pan and press down with spatula – leave about .25″ at top for filling.
- Once filled, place in freezer until firm.
- Once firm, mix chocolate topping and pour over filling.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Place pan back in freezer or refrigerator until firm.
- Once firm, pop out and serve immediately.