*Courtesy of Mara Tyler
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 3 large handfuls of kale (about 4-5 cups, loosely packed)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chile powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Olive oil
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a large pan, warm a few tablespoons of olive oil. Toss in chopped onions and kale, and sauté until kale has cooked down completely.
- In a blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, spices, salsa, and non-dairy milk.
- Blend until you have a creamy consistency, adding more milk or water if too thick.
- Add cooked kale to pasta pot and toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with a dash of chile powder for some color.