*Courtesy of Toni Dash
- Olive oil to coat the grill
- Watermelon triangles
- Jalapeno peppers
- Alderwood Smoked Salt, fine grain
- Heat the grill to high (350 degrees). Using a grill brush, brush the grill clean removing any residue from prior grilling. Fold a paper towel into quarters. Pour a bit of olive oil on the paper towel to fully dampen one side. Place the oil side on the grill and using a grill tool, push the oil-soaked paper towel along the grill to coat.
- Place the prepared jalapeno peppers on the grill and close the lid. Allow to cook 3 minutes on each side until blistered. Remove and allow to cool and slice into thin rings.
- If needed coat the grill again with the oil-soaked paper towel.
- Place the watermelon triangles on the grill and sprinkle a very small amount of smoked salt. Allow the watermelon to grill for 1 ½ to 2 minutes to form grill marks (may or may not be black charred); then turn and allow to grill 1 ½- 2 minutes on the opposite site. Only salt one side of the watermelon. Remove from grill and serve with sliced jalapenos.