Courtesy of Jadah and Jen of Simple Green Smoothies
- 1 1⁄2 cup spinach, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cup mango
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1⁄2 avocado
- Blend spinach, cilantro and water until smooth. Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
Enjoy this cilantro-based green smoothie which is a great way to help cleanse your body of toxins.
- Cilantro (coriander) has detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties. Rich in phytonutrients, flavonoids, and active phenolic compounds, cilantro has been used for ages to prevent indigestion and other digestive disorders. Cilantro contains compounds that help alleviate inflammation and eradicate harmful microbes in the body. It also has antiseptic properties.
- Pineapple is amazing for your joints, immune system, endocrine system, digestive system, and much more. It is one of the easiest to digest fruits around, and its natural enzymes can help soothe an upset stomach. It contains bromelain, a chemical which is one of the building blocks of joints. It is high in vitamin C, fiber, and low in calorie.
- Mangos are used to remove toxins, treat anemia, and heal the nervous system.
- Spinach is a great source of vitamins and minerals, including niacin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, E, and K, folate, calcium, and potassium. Spinach has powerful antioxidants that can help your body fight off disease. Certain compounds found in spinach have been shown to prevent certain types of cancer.
- Avocados are rarely thought of as a cleansing food but these nutritional powerhouses lower cholesterol and dilate blood vessels while blocking artery-destroying toxicity. Avocados contain a nutrient called glutathione, which blocks at least thirty different carcinogens while helping the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals.