*Courtesy of GreenChefs Golubka
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini – roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion – roughly chopped
- 6 halves of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 date – pitted
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/8 cup nama shoyu
- 3 cups buckwheat – sprouted
- 2 cups sunflower seeds – sprouted
- 1 1/2 cup flax seeds – ground
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, date, orange juice and nama shoyu until well mixed. Add the sprouts in batches and blend thoroughly.
- Lastly, add the with flax seeds and mix until smooth. Spread thickly on Teflex sheets and dehydrate at 115F.
- After 2 hours, cut into desired crust shapes.
- Dehydrate for another 12 hours, then remove the crusts from teflex sheets, flip, and dehydrate for another 4 hours or until dry.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use in airtight glass containers.
- 4 large figs
- 1-2 dates – pitted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- 10 large onions – sliced thinly
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cup dates – pitted
- 6 tablespoons nama shoyu
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water, or more for thinning
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Cover the onions with warm water mixed with the lemon juice for 30 minutes. Rinse well and drain.
- Combine the rest of ingredients except the hazelnuts in a blender and add to the onions.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes, drain the excess liquid, and dehydrate at 115F for 15 hours or until crisp.
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts into small pieces. Reserve about 1/4 cup for assembly.
- Add the onions to the processor and combine well. Add 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze and blend to reach a grainy consistency.
Creamy Basil Sauce
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except olive oil. Slowly add the oil with the blender still running.
- about 20 small figs
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 cup of sunflower sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts reserved from caramelized onions
- Slice the figs and glaze with the balsamic. Dehydrate for 1-2 hours (optional).
- Spread the basil sauce on the crust, and arrange the watercress leaves, caramelized onions, and glazed figs on top.
- Sprinkle with sunflower sprouts and ground hazelnuts.