*Courtesy of Jacqueline Ritz
Makes One Pint
- 2lbs of Fig, stems removed and cut into fourths
- 1/2- 3/4 cup of raw honey
- Zest and Juice of One Lemon
- Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- Wash figs, cut stems off, and slice into fourths.
- Toss figs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey (choose amount of honey according to your taste) into a pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until it thickens. As figs soften, use a potato masher, or a whisk, to mash the figs.
- About 15 minutes into the thickening, add a generous splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Once the mixture thickens to your liking, remove from heat and cool.
- Optional: if you prefer the jam to be less chunky, process in a food processor for a few pulses.
- Store in the fridge for up to a month!