*Courtesy of Wheeler del Torro
- 1 cup soy milk, divided
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 cups soy creamer
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2large navel oranges
- 2 dragon fruits
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup soy milk with arrowroot powder, and set aside.
- Finely grate 2 tbsp zest from oranges, then halve the oranges and squeeze 1 cup juice.
- Cut dragon fruit in half and remove flesh from skin, add to a food processor or blender, and process, until smooth.
- Combine zest, orange juice and dragon fruit purée, creamer, remaining 3/4 cup soy milk, and sugar in a sauce pan over low heat. Once the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat immediately and add the arrowroot mixture. The liquid should thicken noticeably.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate mixture until chilled, approximately 2 to 3 hours. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.