*Courtesy of Lindsay Reinsmith
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy vanilla-flavored milk (soy or almond recommended)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegan sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 super ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 egg replacers (3 teaspoons Ener-G + 4 tablespoons water)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9×5″ bread pan.
- Place vinegar in a measuring cup. Add nondairy milk to 1/3 cup line. Mix and set aside. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, mix together bananas, oil and buttermilk mixture. You may need to heat bananas to mix more easily. Combine the banana mixture and flour mixture; stir well. Stir in the egg replacer last.
- Pour into prepared bread pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a knife in the middle comes out clean. Do not overcook.