*Courtesy of The Vegetarian Society
- 9 oz regular tofu, drained and pressed
- 5 fl oz (½ jar) Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp medium curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1" piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 shallots, halved
- 16 button mushrooms
- Vegetable oil to brush
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 tbsp smooth mango chutney
- 8 oz basmati rice, cooked
- Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard, curry paste, garlic and ginger and season well. Pour over the tofu and stir gently to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thread the tofu onto the bamboo skewers, alternating with vegetables. Reserve the marinade.
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush the kebabs with a little vegetable oil and grill until cooked and the marinade starts to bubble and go golden brown.
- Place the reserved marinade in a small sauce pan with 1 tbsp smooth mango chutney. Heat through gently.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of rice with the warm marinade drizzled over.