*Courtesy of Vanessa Katharine Rees
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix nut butter, agave, vanilla, coconut oil, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds or on the stove. Pour mixture over cereal and and stir to coat every rice puff, smashing them with the back of a spoon or fork. Add more cereal if mixture seems too liquid-y and more coconut oil or nut butter if it's not sticking together. Line a square or rectangle pan with wax paper and spread mixture in evenly. Place a sheet of wax paper on top of mixture and use the bottom of a glass to press mixture down as firmly as possible. Place pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate in a double-boiler or the microwave. Remove bars from the freezer and top with 1/4 inch chocolate. (Save any extra chocolate for another use.) Return bars to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bars from the pan and slice into 12 rectangles. Wrap each individual bar in aluminum foil and keep frozen until serving.