*Courtesy of Leslie Kolafa
- 2 T light coconut milk
- 1 t green curry paste
- 1/2 t grated fresh ginger
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C quinoa
- 1 1/2 C water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 C shredded red cabbage
- 2 large leaves shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 C cashews, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- To grate the lemongrass stalk, cut the very end off the stalk, remove any very dry or damaged outer leaves.
- Then just grate the cut side
on a micro plane grater until you have about a teaspoon. Don't get rid of the
rest of that lemongrass stalk.
- Add grated lemongrass to the dressing, stir, and set aside.
- Lay the stalk on your cutting board, and using the back of a knife, beat it up. Beat up that lemongrass stalk on all sides, then cut it into pieces that will fit in the saucepan you're cooking your quinoa in.
- Place quinoa, water, the beaten up lemongrass stalk, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooking, you can chop, shred, dice, and otherwise prep the rest of your ingredients.
toss quinoa, veggies, and dressing all together (make sure everything is lightly coated).