*Courtesy of Emily von Euw
- 10 strawberries for outside, cut in half
Vanilla ice cream cake layer
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod (or 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- Vegan milk or coconut water, as needed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fave vegan milk or coconut water, use as needed
- 1 cup dates, walnuts or another banana
- To make the first layer: place the halved strawberries around the edge of a spring form pan. Set aside. Now blend all the vanilla ice cream cake ingredients together until smooth, adding as little vegan milk or coconut water as possible (about 1/4 cup). Spread into the bottom of the pan, this should press the berries to the inner edge. Put in the freezer.
- To make the berry layer: blend it all up until smooth. Carefully spread over top of the vanilla ice cream cake layer and put in the freezer for about 2 or 3 hours, until it's set.
- Then cut and serve with other berries!
- Let it soften a little before eating, because it makes it creamier.