*Courtesy of Janine Gonzalez
Makes 12 sliders
- 1 can, drained and rinsed Navy Beans
- 1 can, pre-cut or cut into 1-inch sliced, drained and rinsed Hearts of Palm
- 1/3 cup Garbanzo (Chickpea) Flour
- 1/2, finely chopped Red Pepper
- 2 white and green parts finely chopped Green Onion
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kelp Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pulse navy beans and hearts of palm 10 times in a food processor. Do not pulse more or else the crab cakes will lose their texture. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the large mixing bowl with the navy beans and hearts of palm. Mix well, ensuring that all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of mixture and roll into a ball with your hands. Place ball onto a cookie sheet. Repeat, placing each ball 2-3 inches apart.
- Press down on each ball, flattening them into cakes about 3/4 inch thick.
- Spray tops of each crab cake with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until browned.
- Serve these as open faced sliders on a sliced baguette with tomato, vegan thousand island dressing and topped with fresh baby arugula.
However you serve them, they’re also great with lemon juice sprinkled on top.