*Courtesy of Ann Stratton
- 1 cup uncooked instant polenta
- 2/3 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or oregano) or 1 tbsp dried
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed
- 8 scallions, trimmed
- 2 small Japanese or Italian eggplants, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium-large yellow squash (about 1/2 lb), cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 oz) prepared roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, basil or parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium-sized heavy saucepan. Add polenta in a stream, whisking to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in 1/3 cup Parmesan and season with cayenne and salt. Coat a 9" pie plate with cooking spray. Transfer polenta to pie plate, smooth into an even layer and let cool 15 minutes. Heat broiler.
- Whisk garlic, thyme, lemon juice and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss vegetables with dressing. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange vegetables in 1 layer (or in 1 layer in a grill basket).
- Broil vegetables about 4 inches from heat until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle polenta with remaining 1/3 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- Broil polenta in pie plate until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes, then cut polenta into 8 triangles. Divide polenta among 4 plates.
- Top with vegetables, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve any remaining sauce on the side.