*Courtesy of Hungry Foodies Pharmacy
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the cubes in a medium sized bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Toss with hands to coat evenly.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, or until tender, but slightly crispy in the outside.
- Stir the sweet potatoes once or twice during roasting.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool just enough to be easily handled.
- Skewer the cubes, and enjoy!
Makes about 1 cup of aioli
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded (if you like it less spicy) and chopped
- Juice of one lime, plus more to taste
- Salt, to taste
- In a food processor, combine the Vegenaise, cilantro, and jalapeno; pulse until smooth.
- Remove the Vegenaise and pour into a bowl.
- Add half of lime juice and salt, to taste.
- If you like it more citrusy, add more lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow all the flavors to develop.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.