*Courtesy of Ellie Krieger
- 3 Tbs. grainy mustard
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ large head red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced (1 ½ cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tb. poppy seeds
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, 2 Tbs. lime juice, cider vinegar, oil, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, fennel, onion, cilantro, and poppy seeds and toss well to combine.
- Season with more lime juice, salt, and black pepper, if desired.