*Courtesy of Rita Turner
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Chopped sun-dried-tomatoes
- Fresh sliced tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Spinach leaves, cooked or raw
- White beans or white bean pure
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Leftover risotto or rice
- Slice the eggplant longwise into steaks about 1 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- Grill or roast them until cooked, but still somewhat firm and holding its shape.
- Top the eggplant steaks with whatever you
- On a dry skillet over medium-low heat, mix bread crumbs or Panko with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh chopped parsley and cook until lightly toasted
- Top everything with the Panko/breadcrumb mix and reheat it quickly either back on the grill or in a hot (400 degrees) oven for about 5 minutes.