Makes 4 servings
- 1 large bunch of collard greens, washed, core removed and thinly sliced (or one bag of frozen collard greens)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cooking wine (OR: juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium-sized onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced or mashed)
- 2-4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- sweet green peas
- sliced hearts of palm
- halved artichoke hearts
- red pepper (add at the end to maintain crunch)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and tomato sauce to saucepan and saute until softened.
- Add water and white wine, bring up to a low simmer (while stirring).
- Add sliced collard greens, curry, ginger, paprika and salt.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking until tender, about 15-20 minutes.