*Courtesy of Eden Passante
Makes 10-12 Popsicles
- 8oz. watermelon juice (2 ½ cups chopped watermelon)
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. simple mint syrup (recipe follows)
- 8 oz. light rum
- 14 oz. club soda
- Place chopped watermelon in a food processor or blender and process until watermelon is juiced (will be slightly pulpy).
- Combine watermelon juice, lime juice, mint syrup and rum in a shaker and shake well. Pour mixture into a large measuring cup with a spout to make pouring into the molds easier. Add club soda. Stir to combine.
- Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a Popsicle stick upright. Insert Popsicle sticks and finish freezing Popsicle overnight. To release Popsicle run hot water on the outside of Popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- Place sugar and water in a pot over heat until sugar dissolves.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature and place mint leaves in mixture and muddle.
- Allow mint leaves to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain and discard