*Courtesy of Clara
Makes 3-4 Servings
- 4 unripe (green) plantains
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 large red onions
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Peel and cut the plantains into eight pieces.
- Remove the center where the seeds are located (optional).
- Boil the plantains adding 2 teaspoons of salt to the water. When the plantains are very tender turn off the heat.
- Take the plantains out of the water and mash them (with a fork) until they are smooth.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Add water and keep mashing and mixing until it is a very smooth puree.
- Serve and garnish.
- While the plantains are boiling, heat a tablespoon of oil in a shallow pan.
- Sautée the onions and cook until tender and translucent.
- Add the salt and the vinegar to taste. Reserve.
*Can be served with a side salad, tofu or beans.