Entertainment & Education
This page features educational videos from various sources/ organizations regarding vegetarian issues. We provide these links as a service the community, and although we review each site before adding it to this page, we take no responsibility for the content.
- Compassion Over Killing: Based in Washington, D.C. with an office in Los Angeles also, Compassion Over Killing is an incredible resources for vegan living, including a vegetarian starter kit, outreach programs, and even a Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurant Guide!
- Earthlings: An utterly gruesome film about the horrors that go on in food production and other industries in which animals are exploited.
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead: A documentary about a guy who lost a lot of weight when he started juicing. I haven’t seen it, but many people have told me it inspired them to go vegetarian.
- Forks Over Knives: A documentary about the benefits of a whole-foods, plant-based diet that took off and found some mainstream success.
- How to Become a Vegetarian, the Easy Way: Practical advice from Leo Babauta in typical, no-pressure Zen Habits style.
- Scientific Basis For Vegetarianism: Read an interesting analysis of the implications of a vegetarian diet on cancer rates.
- The China Study: Perhaps the most comprehensive book on vegetarianism and the related health benefits that I have ever read. The author, T. Colin Campbell, is a Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and Project Director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine. This is the book that converted Tony Gonzalez, Professional Football Player, into a vegan. Read Tony's story, The 247 lb Vegan to find out how he maintains his size and strength on a vegan diet.